As we all know, technology is evolving each day. It is everywhere in the home or office and in every other area where business activity occurs. There is a technology through smartphones, computers giant machines, and they are essential in offices with printing. It also has diverse brands. Across the globe, Epson printers are famous because of their reliability and high quality. We know that every Printer has some technical problems, and it isn’t possible to say that this particular technology is flawless. Like Epson Printers customers, many users who have been using Epson printers for a long time complain. Epson printer, for an extended time, complained about their Printer being in an offline state and showing Epson wf 3640 error code 0x97.
What is Epson Error Code 0x97?
This error message, or we could say that error code, is saying that you need to turn your printer switch off and on at the same time. If it happens, your Printer is unable to print documents. Error code 0x97 is a sign that there’s a problem with your Printer’s hardware. Therefore, various components of the Printer are referred to as hardware; however, the Motherboard is one of the components that acts as the central nervous system that controls the printing device. All information and commands are sent to it. If the Motherboard of your Printer is defective or damaged, confident you’ll encounter this error message in your print device. People have said this error appears in several models’ names, such as wf-3620, WF-4630, 3640, and 7610.
A technician can typically fix the error since it’s an issue with the hardware. However, before submitting it to the technician, try the following fixes that could resolve this error.
Epson printer owners and techs have reported that restarting the Printer could fix the error code 0397. Therefore, ensure that first, you restart your Printer. Each Printer has different ways to restart them. Some might have a physical power button, while others might allow direct restart via the connected device. Let’s look at the correct method of restarting the Epson printers.
- The first step is to turn off the Printer.
- Then unplug the cable and disconnect the USB and all other external devices.
- When you’re done, wait five minutes, you shouldn’t do anything using the Printer.
- Then plug into the cable along with all the wires you require.
- Then, hold your power switch for one minute.
- After the one minute has ended, the user can then release the power button and verify whether the error message persists in the future or not.
So, these are the easy and quick steps to start your Epson printer when you encounter the error code 0x97.
Printing Clean using wet tissue
The error code is also triggered when the Printer has dust particles, and the ink has spread across the sprayer head. The best solution to this error is to clean the area where the dust and ink have accumulated. Regular tissue paper is also helpful in cleaning the Printer’s internal components and fixing Printer Printing Blank Pages and Epson Errors 0x97. It is enough to gently remove all the components and return them to their usual place.
- First, turn off your Printer, then continue with the process.
- Then try opening the printing casings correctly.
- When you’ve opened it, take some hot water and tissue, and make it wet.
- Then, thoroughly clean the significant components, or perhaps a part of the Printer, using an icy wet cloth.
- When you’re done with cleaning, wait 15 mins.
- After that, the components are dry. Then, you can assemble them and then start the Printer.
Also, it would help if you washed the Printer. To clean your Printer, you must be aware of its technical details. If you aren’t getting the desired result, try our next option.
Run Windows Printer Troubleshooter
This is the fastest solution because when you start the windows printer troubleshooter, it will find all the issues with the Printer. You need to address the issue according to the procedure displayed in the display. The troubleshooting method is different for windows ten and 7, 8, and 7. Troubleshooting printer issues will reveal the real cause of the printer error.
For Windows 7 and 8
- To begin the process, press your Windows key and look for troubleshooting.
- Choose the troubleshooting option by selecting one of the options below.
- When you have reached the screen to troubleshoot, click on the Printer.
- Finally, press the Next button to ensure your computer can detect the printer issue.
- If a problem is detected, it will show you on-screen instructions, so you must follow them.
These are the steps needed to run windows troubleshooter for printers for Windows 7 and 8.
For Windows 10
- The windows 10, you can also use the Windows key to look to troubleshoot.
- Choose troubleshooting options from the menus below.
- When you’re at the Troubleshooting settings screen, tap on the Printer, then click on Run the Troubleshooter.
Then wait until the troubleshooting procedure is completed. After that, check if the error code pops up repeatedly or not. If so, proceed to the next solution.
Update Printer Drivers
If your Printer has an incompatible or corrupted obsolete driver, you may also experience Epson error code 0x97 displayed within the Printer. The most effective solution to this issue is to update the right and compatible driver for your Printer. Therefore, there are two methods to update the driver for the Printer, the first manual and the second by automating.
When you manually update it, you need to be aware of all drivers since you must select the driver for the Printer on your own. In the automated method, you install and download one Driver Easy program. This way, there is no need to do anything since, with just one click, Driver Easy will detect the corrupted driver and download the correct drivers for the Printer you have installed. However, check that there are two versions: one that is free and another the Pro version. It’s your choice what version you would like to use.
I hope the above four suggestions can assist you in resolving the Epson error code 0x97. If you cannot fix the error code, I recommend reporting this issue to a technician or submitting a report to Customer Support.