Whether you are operating your retail business in one location or a dozen, conducting store audits is an effective way to monitor how your score is doing.
By examining the effectiveness of your displays and keeping your inventory in check, you can keep the best version of your store by conducting store audits. With the advancement of technology, store audits help in providing more insights than ever before.
Read on to learn more about retail store audits and ways to conduct them efficiently.
What is a store audit?
A store audit company examines your retail store’s health and information related to various products sold in a store, sales, price, revenue generated, effective advertising, etc. It helps collect information on what’s working for the store and what’s not. When you are performing a store audit, you will gain insights into
- Sales volume.
- Stocks level in your inventory.
- Assessing the in-store displays of the store.
- Summarizing what the competitors are up to.
- Effectiveness of the pricing strategy.
As a retailer, you must also choose the type of audit that best suits your need. The most common types of store audits include
- Market audit: Market audit mainly includes surveying customers to get to know their brand sentiment and closely examining what the competitors are up to.
- Merchandising audit: This type of audit comprises all the inventory-related data. It highlights the effectiveness of product pricing, product promotions, and inventory management. Merchandising audit is a time-consuming process and requires a lot of data. To make the process easier and hassle-free, you can take the help of merchandising services which can offer you all your needed data related to merchandising audits.
Why are store audits important?
The retail market is changing at a rapid pace, and so are your business processes. Store audits allow keeping track of all the business operations in the retail store. But, as sales and revenue increase, conducting store audits becomes more complex. Using the results of the store audit, retailers can use it as a learning opportunity to improve the skills of their staff and workers.
How to conduct a retail store audit efficiently?
The significant steps which you should take to conduct your retail store audit efficiently include
- Schedule your store audit: Make sure you have enough time to conduct your store audit without disrupting your customer experience. Schedule your audit such that you can finish your audit effectively and still manage your business regularly.
- Determine your store audit goals: Come up with a list of objectives before starting the audit. Determine well before what you hope to accomplish and areas that you think will require extra attention.
- Take thorough notes as the audit takes place: As you go through the audit process, take comprehensive notes and pictures to document the audit results. You can take the help of a retail audit company to conduct your audits smoothly and seamlessly.
- Delegate the fixes to your staff: Once you complete the audit, assign tasks to your employees and contractors as soon as your resources and budgets allow.
The frequency will vary depending on your goals and store audit. You may perform a quick spot monthly or a thorough audit quarterly. Weigh your options and set up your retail store audit based on your business needs and available resources.
- 4 Most Important Packaging Decisions You Can Make
- Which Businesses Are Liable for Catering Insurance?