Netgear EX2800 Setup
The Netgear AC750 EX2800 WiFi range extender improves the range and coverage of your existing network while offering dual-band WiFi speeds of up to 750 Mbps. The extender can connect to any standard WiFi router and is great for online gaming and HD video streaming. Once done, the Netgear EX2800 Setup provides improved WiFi connection for 802.11 b/g/ac & n devices.
Follow the instructions below to configure your Netgear EX2800:
- Turn on the EX2800 after unboxing it.
- Choose your Wi-Fi-enabled device.
- Navigate to mywifiext.local.
- Select the New Extender Setup option.
- On the EX2800 setup screen, create an account.
- After you’ve created an account, you may set up your Netgear EX2800 Wifi extender by following the on-screen steps.
- Once your booster’s configuration is complete.
- Place the extension in the desired spot.
If you are still having problems with the setup procedure, please contact our technical team via our toll-free lines or live chat.
Netgear EX2800 Setup: WPS Method
The Netgear EX2800 WPS setup process allows you to configure your WiFi range extender without having to type in the network name or password. This is the simplest way to configure your EX2800 extender. All routers do not support WPS. If your router lacks a WPS button, you’ll have to connect your extension using another technique. Other methods are detailed in the article below.
To configure your Netgear EX2800 through WPS, follow the instructions below:
- Press the EX2800’s WPS button until the WPS LED blinks.
- Within the next two minutes, press the WPS button on your router.
- When your EX2800 connects to the router, the WPS LED on the extender becomes green.
- The router LED on the booster should also become green.
- If the Router LED does not light up green, you may need to contact our support team.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to connect the extender to the 5 GHz band if your WiFi router supports it.
- Change the placement of your AC750 extension.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extended network to take advantage of the uninterrupted services.
It should be noted that the extender produces two new extender WiFi networks. The new WiFi network names for your extender are based on your existing WiFi network name, with _2GEXT and _5GEXT appended at the end.
How To Update Netgear EX2800 firmware?
If Netgear EX2800 firmware update is on your mind, go here. Then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll go through how to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear EX2800 extender.
To update the firmware on your Netgear EX2800, follow the steps below:
- Download the firmware on your computer first.
- Use https://www.mywifiext.net to log into your EX2800 extender.
- Next, select Firmware Update.
- Choose Browse after finding the Upload update file.
- Click on Upload now.
- Ensure that you don’t disrupt the upgrade process while it is in progress.
- The extender will restart automatically after the upgrade is finished.
- Re-login to the EX2800 at this time.
Call us at our toll-free lines or use live chat if you need assistance with this firmware upgrade process.
How to reset Netgear EX2800?
When you execute a factory reset, all personalized settings, including your user name, password, SSID, and security settings, are lost. This procedure is typically performed when you forget your admin password.
Follow these simple steps to reset your Netgear EX2800:
- On your Netgear EX200, locate the factory reset button.
- This might be found on the reverse or bottom of the EX2800
- Hold it down for 8-10 seconds.
- Now restart it once more to complete the operation.
If you have any further questions about the factory reset process, please contact us using our toll-free lines or live chat.