Commercial Carpet are an expensive investment. Not only are they expensive to replace, but they also cost much in replacement costs, and their appearance will affect your company’s image. This is why it’s crucial to maintain your carpet on time – to keep it new and clean and to prolong the life that your carpet investment will last.
Although regular and preventative cleaning of your carpets is essential to ensure your carpets look good for a long period, many businesses fail to consider the importance of proper vacuuming techniques in the life span that your carpet will live.
What Happens When You Don’t Vacuum Properly?
A poor vacuum technique between cleanings can cause more issues than just ugly soil and staining. Not only will dirt build up, but the long-term expenses will also be.
Without proper vacuuming, dirt, allergens and other organic matter will remain on your carpet. This places a huge burden on your HVAC system’s filters. When dirt is accumulating in your HVAC system, the quality of your air might decrease, which could cause an increase in the cost of HVAC maintenance.
Three Steps to Improve Vacuuming Effectiveness
What could you do to boost your vacuuming experience to the highest level? We suggest you concentrate on three aspects to ensure your carpet looks amazing: the method you use to vacuum frequency, frequency, and the equipment.
1.Make sure to pay attention to the method of vacuuming way you vacuum is important
Slow and steady is the best way to win this race. A quick push in the same direction won’t suffice to remove all dirt from your carpet.
You’ll want to make several slow, long passes between your vacuum. Change it up! Change sides when you’ve gone back and forth, getting your carpet fibres to move in a different direction. This method will assist in removing dirt that is soiled and in high-traffic areas.
2. Vacuum with the correct frequency
How often do you need to vacuum? It’s dependent on the region and the amount of traffic. Here are some rules to adhere to:
- Daily: High-traffic areas like entryways and hallways on the ground floor will naturally be the most filthy ones. Also, you will need to clean up hallways above ground and areas such as classrooms, school corridors and office bullpens daily even though they do not receive as much traffic.
- Every week: Spaces with less use, like conference rooms, boardrooms or executive offices, could be cleaned out every week.
- 3-4 times per week Offices for administrative or other spaces with less-than-moderate usage.
3. Make sure you have the correct equipment for your business.
If your method of vacuuming and frequency is appropriate, this doesn’t mean much in the absence of an appropriate vacuum to do the task. Choosing the appropriate equipment for your area ensures the vacuuming process is done correctly.
Sometimes, businesses must choose one cleaner for the entire office or building. But, the majority of offices require different vacuums for each space. Here’s a list of various kinds of vacuums available and the best places to use them:
- Backpack vacuum backpack vacuums are excellent for cleaning high places, detailing, and getting rid of dirt from hard surfaces. ProTeam offers a variety of backpack vacuums worth considering.
- Upright vacuums typically include a 12″ or 18″ head. Similar to backpack vacuums, these vacuums work well for small spaces, offices and other smaller jobs. They are ideal for offices, small spaces and smaller jobs. Versamatic Plus is a great alternative that we would recommend.
- Large-area and stand-on vacuums are ideal for aisleways and banquet rooms regularly vacuumed. Large-area vacuums, such as the Nuwave or a stand-on vacuum, such as the Chariot, are ideal for this kind of space.
What Can I Do Right to Improve Vacuum Technique?
Once you’ve figured out the importance of properly vacuuming correctly, you can immediately enhance your skills. Even if your vacuum is suited to the task, it is always possible to use proper form to get more efficient outcomes. If you’re ready to talk to us, let us know what we can do to help you select a vacuum or arrange deep cleanings. DPM Care is here to assist you in getting the most life from your carpet!